Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Ugly Gold Seat


Primered Bench
                                                  



Final Product!!!!!
OK well here goes.  This is my first project.  I found this old, ugly, very dirty harvest gold piano bench at a local thrift store.  I paid $7.50 for it.  I went to a local "Home" improvement store (hint hint) and picked up this lovely green paint.  I liked the way the bench opened, so I very carefully took off the hardware to use later.  I sanded the ugly dark brown legs down and painted them green.  I pulled off the fabric and batting from the bench seat, and using a pillowcase with pretty pink flowers and matching green leaves, recovered the bench.  Not bad for my first project I must admit!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Anita. You are multi-talented. Are you doing these pieces for yourself or selling them? I had an old French Provincial night stand for years that I was going to re-do but never did. I think it got tossed when we moved. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am doing these for myself. You never know though. I may do this as a business. Too bad about the nightstand. That would have been a fun project.

    ReplyDelete